Cover of Genii (May 1954)
|Born||John Alden Daniel|
December 23, 1931
|Died||October 25, 2011 (age 79) |
John Daniel (1931-2011), aka John Daniels, toured with school assembly shows and the southwestern states with a midnight spook show, "Dr. Doom's Dungeon of Death," and "Daniel's Magic Circus."
As proprietor of Daniel's Den of Magic, a retail store in Pasadena, he also published pamphlets under Daniel's Den Publication.
His hobby was antique magic collecting. 
In 1952 he opened "Daniel's Magic Den" in Pasadena and put out several items under the "Trickmasters" label.
From 1953 to 1955, he served in the Artillery and was over-seas for 18 months. He did do a few shows, and while doing one in Berlin, he met Irene Stolz (the future Irene Larsen). He eventually brought her back to the United States in 1957 and they were married. 
After divorcing Irene, he married Catherine Cynthia Birch (Miss Virginia 1960, Miss America 1961 contestant) who had become his magician's assistant.
- Lifetime Achievement Fellowship from the Academy of Magical Arts (2011)
- ↑ Cover, Genii Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 9, May 1954, Our Cover, John Daniels, page 359
- ↑ Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 50, No. 6, November 1960, John A. Daniel, magician-of-the-month, by Leslie P. Guest, page 245
- ↑ Keeping the Hearth Warm, Genii 1989 August
- ↑ http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254829#Post254829
- Cover, The New Tops, Vol. 7, No. 1, January 1967, Cover Portrait … John Daniel’s World of Fantasy, by Neil Foster, page 6
- The New Tops, Vol. 7, No. 5, May 1967, Tops Congratulates Mr. and Mrs. John Daniel, page 13
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 50, No. 1, January 1970, SHAZZAM! by Walter “Zaney” Blaney, page 35
- Cover, Genii Magazine, Vol. 34, No. 8, April 1970, SHAZZAM, page 357
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 74, No. 803, January/February 1980, This is Your Life, by Peter D. Blanchard – John A. Daniel, page 13
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 91, No. 12, December 2011, Broken Wand, John A. Daniel, page 112
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 106, No. 1149, March 2012, Obituary, John Daniel 23 December 1931 - 25 October 2011, by Joan Lawton, page 69
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Daniel, John [Alden] = Doctor Doom, Docter Satan, USA Zauberkünstler (23.12.1931 Pasadena, Kalifornien), page 88
| This page incorporated content from John A. Daniel,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License