Cover of Genii (2010)
|Born||Juan Tamariz-Martel Negrón|
October 18, 1942
Madrid, Spain 
|Categories||Books by Juan Tamariz|
Juan Tamariz (born in Madrid, October 18, 1942) is very well respected among magicians as an authority in the field of misdirection.
BiographyTamariz is considered by many magicians to be the greatest living master of the art.
A celebrity of television and stage in Spain and South America, Juan Tamariz is known internationally among magicians as a true master of his art, and one who generously shares his time and knowledge, both in print and in person, with the magic community. He is the author of four critically acclaimed best-selling books in English: The Five Points of Magic, The Magic Way, Sonata and Mnemonica. Along with Arturo de Ascanio, Tamariz has spearheaded a school of thought in close-up magic that has produced FISM award-winning champions and deeply influenced the craft of magic worldwide.
Juan Tamariz performed at FISM in 2006.
"My main goal is to fascinate the audience into thinking that they are dreaming, even if this is only for a few seconds."
- Monedas, monedas... (y monedas) (1969, CYMYS).
- Magicolor: (la magia del cambio de color) (1977, CYMYS).
- The Magic Way (1988, Editorial Frakson).
- Reprinted (2014, Hermetic Press).
- Sonata: Música Bruja Vol I (1989, Editorial Frakson).
- Donald Lehn, tr., Bewitched Music, Vol. 1: Sonata, (1991, Editorial Frakson).
- El Mundo mágico de Tamariz (1991, Ediciones del Prado).
- The Five Points in Magic (1982, Editorial Frakson).
- Mnemonica (2004, Hermetic Press)
- Verbal Magic (2008, Hermetic Press)
- El Arcoiris Mágico (2016, Gema Navarro).
- English Version: The Magic Rainbow.
| This page incorporated content from Juan Tamariz,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Cover Genii 1993 May
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 73, No. 9, September 1993, Juan Tamariz, by Jim Krenz, page 56
- Cover Genii 1995 January
- Cover Genii 2002 October
- Cover Genii 2010 November