Magicpedia:Selected anniversaries/May 14
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1894 - Russell Walsh was born.
- 1898 - The ingenious gooseneck principle that makes possible the apparent passing of a hoop around a floating person's body was invented by Jasper Maskelyne and first used this day in the hall.
- 1919 - The Pentacle Club was founded.
- 1947 - Los Magicos and Assembly No. 22 of the S.A.M. have combined to present Dai Vernon on the evening of Wednesday, at 8 p.m. sharp. The lecture will be held in the Aviation Room of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
- 1997 - Harry Blackstone Jr. passed away.