Magicpedia:Selected anniversaries/May 9
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1877 - Frederick Culpitt was born Frederick Cull Pitt.
- 1898 - Paul Fox was born Paul Fuchs in Chillicothe, Ohio.
- 1911 - The Great Lafayette died in a fire, four days before the opening of a show at the Empire Theater in Edinburgh.
- 1956 - The Amazing Dunninger TV series began airing on ABC.
- 2000 - Viking Magic Company (owned and operated by George and Carol Robinson) acquired the entire assets of Collector's Workshop (owned and operated by Rich Bloch and Nick Ruggiero) becoming "Magic of Viking Magic Co. and Collectors' Workshop".