- For the amateur English magician and illustrator, see Eric Mason (1921-1986).
January 12, 1897
|Died||July 10, 1977 (age 80) |
The Great Masoni (d.1977) was a British magician who was married to a Miss Wong Tai Shan. He began performing before World War I.
Masoni toured with a full evening show and later with a tour billed as "Maskelyne's Mysteries", a show he acquired from Jasper Maskelyne.
With his wife, they developed a two-person memory demonstration act.
He worked for ENSA during World War Two.
- Showmanship Out Of The Hat (1970)
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 27, No 11, January 1948, THE GREAT MASONI by Wm. G. Stickland, page 32
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 41, No. 1045, February 1966, Masoni & Shan, page 81
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 64, No. 1643, July 1977, Eric Mason Dies, page 67
- Magic Circular, Vol. 71, No. 781, September 1977, Obituary ERIC MASON, page 149
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 57, No. 10, October 1977, Our Side of the Pond by PETER WARLOCK, page 97
- Chronicle of Magic 1900-1999: A Record of Happenings in Magic in Great Britain by Hibberd, David (2003)