|Born||Paul Stevens Chosse|
January 8, 1955
|Died||March 31, 2010 (age 55) |
Paul Stephens Chosse was the oldest of four children born to Paul Murphy Chosse and Annette (Bean) Chosse. Paul was born in Brewster, Massachusetts and raised in nearby Lowell. His mother was the one who gave him his first book on sleight of hand magic at the age of 10. He spent many years perfecting and developing his talent over the years.
In 1980, he met and married Isabel Ann Questell (m.1980-1982), with whom he had one daughter, Simone (1981-).
He was an avid lover of books and for many years lived in Forestville, California and ran an antique book shop there.
Chosse passed away on March 31, 2010 after suffering a heart attack which was compounded by pneumonia. After two weeks on life support, he was brought out of the physician induced coma and asked what his wishes for further treatment were. He asked that machines no longer be used to support his life. His doctors believed he would hang on no more than 45 mins without support. However, Chosse remained alive for eight more hours at which point his daughter was reached by phone. It was only after she spoke to him (assisted by his brother Wayne) that he finally passed away.
- Mumbo Jumbo, Marketed item, Sterling Magic Creations, 1979
- Cervon 1990: A Review by a Youthful Curmudgeon, Genii, Vol. 53 No. 11, May 1990, pp. 728, 748
- Diagonal Palm Shift, The New Tops, Vol. 33 No. 12, December 1993, pp. 16-20
- Diagonal Palm Shift, L. I. N. T.: Pocket Stuff for Close-Up Magicians by John Luka, 1997, pp. 14-19
- Triple Header, Weapons of Mass Destruction by Steven Youell, 2004, pp. 64-65
- Chosse's Triple, Channel One, Vol. 4 No. 13, 2004
- Chosse’s Crossing, Channel One, Vol. 4 No. 14, 2005
- Clearly Amazing Card to Impossible Location (with Anthony Miller), Marketed item, RFA Productions, 2005
Jack McMillen by Michael Landes (2011)
Chosse was a longtime friend and student of Jack McMillen's. When McMillen's big book was finally published as an ebook in 2011, written by Michael Landes, several items attributed to Chosse were included:
- On the Riffle/Glimpse, pp. 32-33
- On the Pairs Poker Stack, pp. 65-67
- On the J. M. Card Rise, pp. 74-75
- On Psychic Stop II, pp. 202-203
- Dollar/Dime Spellbound, pp. 218-219
- On the Diagonal Palm Shift, pp. 253-254
- The Multiple Shift, p. 254
- Cover on the Right, pp. 254-255
- The Dribble, p. 255
- The Spread, pp. 255-256