Cover of Genii (1959)
|Born||Stanley Arthur Payne|
August 17, 1915
|Died||May 12, 1958 (age 42) |
|Resting place||Lincoln Memorial Park Portland|
Stan Payne (1915-1958) was a comedy magician and owner of the Star Magic Co. in Portland, Oregon.
Payne was a sales manager of a large jobbing company in Portland.
He was vice president of PCAM and due to take over the presidency in the month after he died unexpectedly of a heart attack. The PCAM nominating committee asked his widow Hazel to take over.
Star Magic Co.
His wife Hazel was his partner in the business, Star Magic, which was devoted exclusively to manufacturing for wholesale and mail order.
Star Magic first became known for their line of fur production rabbits, puppets, and other fur production items. Their slogan at that time was "Get the HABIT of using a RABBIT." It grew to become of the largest, exclusive manufacturer of magicians' equipment on the West Coast.
- Cover, The Bat, No. 73, January 1950, keeping TAB – Stan Payne, page 613
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 5, January 1952, News of the Magic Dealers Association, Stars of Portland – Stan Payne, page 200
- Photo Genii 1952 October
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 22, No. 10, June 1958, Obituary, Stanley Payne, by WWL(JR.), page 378
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 38, No. 4, June 1958; Broken Wand, Stanley Arthur Payne, page 79
- Cover, Genii Magazine, Vol. 23, No. 10, June 1959, The P.C.A.M Convention, A Tribute To Stanley Payne, by WWL(Jr), ppage 369
- Category:Books published by Star Magic Co.