Difference between revisions of "Tihany"
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
Latest revision as of 07:07, 29 June 2020
Cover of Genii (1970)
June 29, 1916
|Died||March 2, 2016 (age 99) |
Las Vegas, Nevada
Tihany (1916-2016), born Franz Czeisler (often misspled "Zzeisler"), was a illusionist who has traveled to Mexico and South America with a spectacular show in a 2,000-seat tent and a cast of more than 100.
BiographyHe immigrated to Uruguay and his first job was as an assistant to the Blacaman from Italy. He worked with the show in Montevideo and then to Paris in Europe. After that, when still only about sixteen, he went back to Romania where he began his own magic show (and most likely adopted the name Tihany.) In 1935, he married Miss Lia Marar (Illona) and started doing a mindreading act.
They continued to work and in the late 1940s,he opened his first big magic show in Budapest and toured Hungary, Yugoslavia and Romania.
Tihany moved to Brazil in 1953 to work in the Circo Romana. In 1955 founded his own 4,000-seat Circo Tihany, featuring his magic & one of the world's more successful tent-shows.
He retired in 1984 to Florida
Awards and honors
- Performing Fellowship from Academy of Magical Arts (1978)
- Masters Fellowship from Academy of Magical Arts (1987)
- El Mundo Magic del Gran Tihany, A review by Bill Larsen (Jr.), Genii 1970 December
- Tihany by Bill and Irene Laren Genii 1986 December
- Tihany, El Gran Impresario by John Moehring, Magic magazine, July 2002