Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2018.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
October 28 1967
|Categories||Books by Tom Stone|
Tom Stone (b. 1967) is the stage name of Thomas Bengtsson, a magician, editor and author.
Stone has a column titled "LodeStones" in Genii, which debuted in the February 2009 issue and appears bi-monthly.
He was born on October 28, 1967, and presently lives in Stockholm, Sweden.
He is best known for writing a series of articles and pamphlets about original magical techniques and plots. He wrote a booklet for magician Lennart Green and has self-published a series of pamphlets as well as several e-books. He has also been editor and publisher of various Swedish magic journals such as well as being a contributor to journals in several different countries.
He has performed at the invitation-only Magic Castle, and in 2000, he was a "performer and speaker" at the FISM "World Championships of Magic" in Lisbon, Portugal.
In 2003, he was a performer and competitor at the International Magic Convention & 20th Close Up competition in Kings Cross, London, where he won £500 and was awarded second place, just behind Japanese-Canadian magician Hayashi.
In 2016 he was awarded The Creative Fellowship by The Academy of Magical Arts.
- Listing of books by Tom Stone
- Tricks (Editor 1986-1993)
- Dr. Faustus Journal (Editor and publisher 1995-2004)
- Trollkarlen (Editor 2000-2003)
- Enigma (Editor and publisher 2004-2005)
- Jason Alford's Cyber Sessions (Contributor) (1999)
- Tom Stone Caught On Tape (DVD, 2006)
- Vortex (2010)
- Maelstrom (2011)
| This page incorporated content from Tom Stone,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Genii, the Conjurors' Magazine
- "Review of The Warpsmith's Toolbox", Genii 1994 March
- "Review of The Warpsmith Returns", Genii 1996 August
- "Venetian Deck", August 2005, pp 30
- Cover Genii 2010 July
- Magic magazine, May 1996: "Review of The Warpsmith Returns"
- Magic Times, December 2003 - Stone's upcoming appearance at 2003 International Magic Convention in London
- Channel One magazine, Vol. 1, Issue 3, March 2000 : "Work in Progress"
- "Stockholm Magic Bar" video clip, May 19, 2005. (Swedish language). Second half of brief (amateur) clip shows sleight of hand improvisations, by Tom Stone
- "5 Greatest close-up magicians" video clip, January, 2005. (Japanese overdub). Clip shows original sleight of hand magic, by Tom Stone
- (Swedish) Magiarkivet.se - lists many works related to magic industry, including Stone's titles
- Magicpatter.com English-language bibliography listing Stone's works
- Arcane (France) magazine, 2000 - About Stone's participation with FISM 2000
- Australia's Magic Monthly, July 2000, "FISM 2000." archived copy
- (Japanese) World Magic Friends Convention, 1999
Such material requires a high degree of sensitivity,
and must adhere strictly to all applicable laws in the United States.
See MagicPedia:Biographies_of_living_persons for more information.