From back cover of Thirteen Steps To Mentalism
|Born||Thomas William Simpson|
May 16, 1930
Mill Hill London
|Died||July 1, 2010 (age 80) |
|Categories||Books by Tony Corinda|
Tony Corinda (1930-2010) was an English magic dealer and businessman who was noted by magicians for having written the book Thirteen Steps To Mentalism. Corinda never made his birth date or birthplace public.
In the 1950s and 1960's he had at least two shops in London; prior to this, Corinda (a variation on the name Conradi) had a magic studio where he sold magic tricks, mostly with a mentalist flavor for which he became best known. The Magic Shop in Tottenham Court Road was originally run by Dick Chavel, and later taken over by Corinda. This store was at street level so catered mainly to the lay public, so many of the items sold were either practical jokes or beginners' tricks, but other items and small illusions for semi-professional magicians and hobbyists were also sold over the counter.
Around the same period, Corinda had the magic concession in Hamley's Toy Shop in Regent Street. This was located in the basement of the store and was run for a period by Ali Bongo, who also demonstrated magic at the Tottenham Court Road location. Mark Lewis worked there for a time.
He is living in retirement in England.
- Powers of Darkness (1958)
- Money Box (1958)
- Corinda's Billet Pencil (1959)
- H-Bombshell Prediction (1959)
- Dubbul (with Eric Mason) (1959)
- The Khan Slate Test (1959)
- Paradox (1960)
- Odd Man Out (1960)
- Pentaquin (1961)
- Blind Date (1961)
- New Floating Cane (1961)
- Thirteen Steps To Mentalism (1958-1960)
- Tele-Trickery (1961)
| This page incorporated content from Tony Corinda,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 102, No. 1100, March 2008, Tony Corinda, Beyond The 13th Step, by Christopher Woodward, page 74
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 104, No. 1131, October 2010, Obituaries, Tony Corinda 16 May 1930 - 1 July 2010, The Fourteenth Step – The Final Journey, by Christopher Woodward, page 302