From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
(Redirected from True Astonishment)
True Astonishments is a DVD series by Paul Harris that was years in the making after bringing on Bro Gilbert as director.
There were nine DVDs which included these effects and dozen more "hidden"
- Twilight Angels: Wayne Houchin rendition of this classic PH effect.
- Backlash 2: A reworking of the original.
- New Leaf: This new version of Leaf moves into the spectator's hands completely, and with a simple rubbing, everything becomes whole again.
- Cheng's Change: A version of "Zapped!" with normal cards. Five cards visually morph into a royal flush without any gimmicks.
- Big Tiny: A spectator's signature reassembles itself and multiplies in their hands using the principles of Unshuffled.
- The New Las Vegas Leaper: The original PH routine with some new touches and a new twist to end on.
- Tubular: Two signed bills morph into one bill.
- Cheng's Riser: The card visually and slowly rises towards the top.
- Growing Card by Tomoyuki Shimmura: A card visibly squishes out of shape as it slowly stretches and grows to twice its size in full view.
- Casanova Inc: Steve Haynes contributes two handlings of his Casanova Concept with business cards.
- Half Moon Trading Company: A new principle using a normal card case.
- Half Moon Voodoo: A version of Guy Hollingworth's Voodoo Card
- Pack of Lies: A new version of the PH Vanishing Deck.
- Solid with Happy Ending: A new version of Solid Deception. The deck goes solid just like before but this time the cards undo themselves.
- Dr. Fun: A prediction effect in which the words you write predict what the spectator tells you to draw.
- Name Dropper: A spectator is able to mysteriously and visually print her own name.
- Lubor's Lens: New presentations for the Reality Twister.
- Naked Strange: Paul's impromptu version of Strange Travelers
- Gerard's Warp: Andrew Gerard version of Card Warp
- Transcendental Bar Bet: A card vanish in which the spectator actually vanishes the card herself.
- Extraordinary Proof: Andrew Gerard version of the Stop Trick.
- Tensegrity: Patrick Snowden's strange balancing card sculptures.
- Reswindled: A version of Reset by Caleb Wiles with a kicker ending.
- Smoking Eye: magic with signed matches.
- The Weirdling: Michael Weber spin-off of Card Warp with a business card .
- Ripped and Fryed: Charlie Frye's Torn and Restored card routine.
- Cellmates: a prediction card effect.
- Water Trap: Bro Gilbert's new approach to Doug Bennett's signed-coin-in-matchbook plot.
- Dunn's Deal: Shaun Dunn presents his version of Galaxy. The spectator is shuffling the whole way through the entire effect.
- P.H. Invisible Palm by Wayne Houchin
- Truly Screwed: New version of Improv Screwed Deck.
- Belly Button: A card through window using a campaign-type button as the card and a spectator's own shirt as the window
- SOS: Paul's new version of Color Stunner.
- Muscle Bend: A borrowed coin bend that starts and ends with empty hands.
- Unstable Label: Andrew Gerard's "Label to Inside of Bottle" with no palming or gimmicks.
- TA Pen. A special PH custom gimmick used for bill changes, switches, and animations based on his Nightshades.
- Angel Cake a new theory in bill changes.