|Born||Charles Albert Nicol|
October 18, 1871
lake Geneva, Wisconsin
|Died||December 07, 1958 (age 87) |
Von Arx (1871-1958) was the brother of The Great Nicola and successful performer himself.
He did not want to commercialize on the stage name of his brother Will, so used a number of stage names. Both Charles and Will traveled with their dad, then known as Nicoli.
In 1912 he assumed the name of "Von Arx".
He later changed to "The Great Chalbert" around 1918.
Chasan (from his birth name Chas. A. N.) was the last of a number of his stage names. The Chasan act was a Spook Show with magic and ventriloquism.
He died at his home in Monmouth, Illinois.
- Genii 1959 March
- His picture was on page 18 of the February 1955 Linking Ring.
- The Sphinx, Vol. XLV, No. 11, January 1947, The Legendary Vonarx by Little Johny Jones, page 344
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 34, No. 12, February 1955, photo of Charles A. Nilcol, page 18
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 26, No. 675, January 1959, Obituary Charles A. Nilcol by Robert Lund reports, page 410
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 38, No. 12, February 1959, Obituary CHARLES ALBERT NICOL, page 82
- Genii, Vol. 23, No. 7, March 1959, CHARLES A. NICHOL DIED December 7, 1958, page 259