Walter B. Graham
|Walter B. Graham|
|Born||April 16, 1923|
|Died||January 2, 2018 (age 94) |
|Categories||Books by Walter B. Graham|
Walter B. Graham (1923-2018) was a printer and semi-professional magician performing comedy magic for over seven decades.
Graham enlisted in the Navy in November of 1942, only months after he enrolled at the University of Omaha. When Graham got out of the Navy in 1946, he went back to college for a year
After earning his BA in journalism in 1947, he got a staff job at a radio station, still continuing to do magic shows.
Graham was president of his own firm "Modern Litho Inc." which published reproductions of many old books. He sold the company in 1989. Graham produced the "Magic Collectors Reprint Series", a quarterly subscription series that offered reprints (via lithography) of scarce and desirable pieces of magic history.
He is a longtime member of the Magic Collectors' Association.
- Brunswick Trophy for the best stage effect at the 1947 S.A.M. National Conference in Chicago.
- In 1949 he won a two prizes at the SAM Convention in Denver
- Magic Secrets from the Seven Circles (1965)
- How to Become a Magician for Fun and Profit (1967)
- ↑ Magician of the Month, MUM, September, 1969
- ↑ The Humorous Trixter by John Moehring, MUM, November 2007