|Born||February 16, 1893|
|Died||June 11, 1966 (age 73) |
|Categories||Books by Stewart Judah|
He was a part-time professional starting in 1920 and contributed effects to many magazines including Jinx, Phoenix, New Phoenix, Talisman and Linking Ring. One of his marketed effects was the "The Keys of Judah".
It the Genii Magazine, Vol. 24, No. 4, December 1959 issue, Gene Gordon in his "Without the Shuffle" column declared that Judah's real name was "Joshua Stewart". This was later cleared up by Alvin R. Plough in The New Phoenix (Issue 391, June 1964, The Black Room, page 394) as just a printing error at one of Judah's shows. He assured his readers that the Judah family name is of long generations and honored.
Awards and Honors
- Subtle Problems You Will Do (1937) with John Braun
- The Magic World of Stewart Judah (1966) edited by John Braun
Ryan Swigert's DVD called "A Tribute To The Card Tricks Of Stewart Judah"
| This page incorporated content from Stewart Judah,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Who's Who in Magic, Sphinx, October, 1932
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 39, No. 11, January 1960, Stewart Judah - A Fellow To Be Watched, by A. R. Gyle, page 29
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 46, No. 7, July 1966, STEWART JUDAH, page 99, AN APPRECIATION OF STEWART JUDAH, by John Braun, page 100
- The New Tops. Vol. 6, No. 8, August 1966, Final Curtain, Stewart and Emma Judah, page 27
- The Magic World of Stewart Judah (1966), Described by Himself, Stewart Judah, by Leslie P. Guest, page 90
- Cincinnati International Brotherhood of Magicians Ring 71