Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2018.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
The century of the 1500s.
- Egg Bag known to have been used
- A magician showed working with a pick-pocket in painting, "The Conjurer"
Selected Magic Events By Year
(Click on date to see all magic events in that year)
- 1535 - John Baptista Porta, author of Magia natvralis libri viginti, is born
- 1538 - Reginald Scot, author of The Discoverie of Witchcraft, is born
- 1558 - Natural Magick, or Magia natvralis libri viginti written
- 1563 - De Furtivis Literarum Notis written
- 1581 - A Brief and Pleasant Treatise, Early book in English, included magic
- 1584 - The Discoverie of Witchcraft published by Reginald Scot and La Premiere Partie des subtiles et plaisantes inventions by Jean Prévost
- 1585 - Piazza Universale, is written by Girolamo Cardano
- 1591 - Jean Leurechon is born
- 1593 - Giochi de Carte is published in Venice
- 1597 - St Nicholas Owen thought to have masterminded John Gerard, S.J.'s famous escape from the Tower of London
- 1599 - Reginald Scot dies
- Reginald Scot, author of the groundbreaking book, for its time, The Discoverie of Witchcraft
- John Baptista Porta, the author of Natural Magick