April 26, 1908
Nancy, Ardennes-Lorraine, then Germany, now France
|Died||April 20, 1979 (age 70) |
|Categories||Books by Keith Clark|
Keith Clark (1908 - 1979), aka Pierre Cartier, was renowned for his cigarette manipulator act, including performance at the Moulin Rouge.
He would use the name "Keith Clark" for French audiences, but for American shows he was billed as "Pierre Cartier".
Later in life, he was known as something of a recluse among magicians, mixing with the fraternity very little. Although in 1968 he appeared at the Flying Sorcerers' Reunion.
- Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks (1937)
- Rope Royale (1942)
- Celebrated Cigarettes (1943)
- Silks Supreme (1943)
- Nite Club Act (Rope Royale + Celebrated Cigarettes + Silks Supreme) (1944)
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 22, No. 10, December 1942, Keith Clark Interviewed by Neil Branson, page 18
- Cover, The Gen, Vol. 25, No. 8, December 1969, page 193
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 59, No. 10, October 1979, Broken Wand, Keith Clark, page 118
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Feyss, Pierre = Keith Clark; Pierre Cartier; Pepi Carque, USA-frz. Zauberkünstler (26.04.1908 Nancy; †20.04.1979 Paris), page 114