Invisible Thread is a very thin thread, usually nylon, that is very hard to see and used to animate or levitate small items.
Thin thread and hair was being used in magic for centuries, but was being marketed to magicians in the early 1900s. Ellis Stanyon was advertising "Invisible Thread" as early as 1903 in his magazine.
- THE DANCING CARD in Conjuror's Magazine (Locke) (APRIL,1792)
- The Animated Mouse in Magic: Stage Illusions, Special Effects and Trick Photography (1897)
- Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread? by Jon LeClair(Video)
- The Art of Invisible Thread by Jon LeClair(1997)
- ↑ Stanyon's Magic, JANUARY, 1903