From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
|Born||Mitchell J. Kanter|
March 10, 1897
New York City
|Died||November of 1979 (age 82) |
|Flourished||1930s - 1960s|
Kanter retired in 1962 and sold the shop to Lee Grey and Ed Voorhees.
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 27, No. 6, August 1947, Story of Kanter's Magic Shop by Henry Deane, Jr., page 26
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 10, June 1952, News of the Magic Dealers Association, They all Meet at Kanter's, page 398
- The linking Ring, Vol. 36, No. 5, July 1956, Something to conjure with by Card M. Gabler, page 40
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 39, No. 9, November 1959, My Boss, Mike Kanter, by Ethel Wapen, page 27
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 42 No. 7, July 1962, MITCHELL KANTER RETIRES; SELLS HIS MAGIC SHOP, page 44
- The New Tops, Vol. 71, No. 5, May 1971, Final Curtain, ETHEL KANTER, page 33
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 44, No. 7, July 1980, 25 Years Ago in Genii - THE KANTER ESTABLISHMENT, page 461
- M-U-M, Vol. 99, No. 11, April 2010, Cover Story – A Lot About a Little, by Bruce Kalvar, page 45