May 16, 1938
|Died||March 18, 2004 (age 65) |
Denton, Manchester, England
|Categories||Books by Peter Kane|
Peter Kane (1938-2004) was born in England and created some memorable close-up magic effects. Kane contributed many routines to various magic periodicals.
He had worked as a telephone switchboard operator, which enabled him to keep in touch with friends worldwide
His most popular routine is probably "Watch the Ace" which is better known as "Wild Card" which was originally published in Hugard's Magic Monthly (April, 1962). He also created a version with Tarot cards called "Gypsy Curse" (1976).
- Wild Card Hugard's Magic Monthly, Vol. XIX, no. 8, April 1962.
- The Blushing Jokers in Kabbala, Vol. 3, No. 6, 1976.
- Finn Change in Kabbala Vol. 1, No. 12, August 1972.
Marketed Tricks & Manuscripts
- The Court Jestery (1965)
- The Elongated Lady (from the early seventies. See Kane, page 40)
- Kane's Variant (1970)
- Gyspy Curse or Hungarian Guessing Game (1976)
- Wild Card Plus (1982)
- A Card Session with Peter Kane (1967)
- Another Card Session with Peter Kane (1971)
- A Further Card Session with Peter Kane (1975)
- Combined Card Sessions (1982)
- Kane (1982)
- A Real Live Card Session with Peter Kane (Lecture Notes 1984)
- Kane at the Card Table (Lecture Notes 1989)
| This page incorporated content from Peter Kane (magic),
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 84, No. 5, May 2004, BROKEN WAND, PETER KANE, page 133
- Genii, Vol. 67, No. 8, August 2004, On the Slant by Jon Racherbaumer, Peter Kane 1938-2004, page 13, Clever Devil Corner by Harold Cataquet, A Tribute to Peter Kane, page 26