Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2018.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
Cover of Genii (1974)
|Born||Lewis Jack Ganson|
April 15, 1913
Burford Arms, Startford Market, London, England
|Died||December 22, 1980 (age 67) |
|Categories||Books by Lewis Ganson|
Lewis Ganson (1913-1980) was one of the most prolific writers in magic with over sixty books to his credit.
He was a professional close-up magician, except for his time in the Royal Army Ordnance Corps 1939-1958.
For years, Ganson was editor of Harry Stanley's magazine The Gen and contributor to the Magigram magazine. He was a vice president of the British Ring of the IBM and a founding member of the Portsmouth and District Magic Circle.
Awards and Honors
- Academy of Magical Arts' first Literary Fellowship in 1968.
- Expert Manipulation of Playing Cards (1948)
- How Right You Are (1948)
- Routined Manipulation, Vol. 1 (1950)
- Routined Manipulation, Vol. 2 (1952)
- Routined Manipulation Finale (1954)
- Cy Endfield's Entertaining Card Magic (1955)
- A Magician Explains (1955)
- Cy Endfield's Entertaining Card Magic II (1956)
- Dai Vernon Book of Magic (1957)
- Cy Endfield's Entertaining Card Magic III (1958)
- Dai Vernon's Inner Secrets of Card Magic (1959)
- Magic from the Mind (1959)
- Dai Vernon's More Inner Secrets of Card Magic (1960)
- The Magic of Slydini (1960)
- Dai Vernon's Further Secrets of Card Magic (1961)
- Malini and His Magic (1962)
- Dai Vernon's Tribute to Nate Leipzig (1963)
- Dai Vernon's Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic (1967)
- The Art of Close-up, Vol. 1 (1967)
- The Art of Close-up, Vol. 2 (1969)
- Ganson Teach-In Series (1977-1987)
- The Ganson Book (1983)
- The Complete Ganson Magic Teach-In Series (2010)
| This page incorporated content from Lewis Ganson,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The Gen, Vol. 5, No. 5, September 1949, FRONT PAGE PERSONALITIES, LEWIS GANSON and JO, page 134
- Cover Genii 1974 December
- Magic Circular, Vol. 75, No. 812, January 1981, Obituaries, LEWIS GANSON, page 27
- Obit Genii 1981 January
- The Linking Ring, Vol.61, No. 3, March 1981, Our Side of the Pond by PETER WARLOCK, page 93, LEWIS GANSON, page 117
- M-U-M, Vol. 70, No.10, MARCH 1981, Broken Wands, LEWIS GANSON, page 39
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 73, No. 1896, May 1982, Tribute to Lewis Ganson, page 676
- Genii, Vol. 46, No. 7, July 1982, TRIBUTE TO LEWIS GANSON, page 461
- Magicana, Vol. 30, No. 176, July-August 1982, TRIBUTE TO LEWIS GANSON EVENING – 17 MAY 1982 by EDWIN HOOPER
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 100, No. 1075, February 2006, A Tribute to Lewis Ganson – Alexander Crawford by Peter Altman, page 63
- Lewis Ganson - Dai Vernon book of Magic bibliography