July 22, 1903
|Died||March 24, 1965 (age 61) |
Paul Morris (1903-1965), an associated with Barney's Clothes, Inc. in Brooklyn, was an amateur magician specializing in sleight-of-hand with coins, cards and small objects.
Morris Bernstein regularly wrote for The Sphinx from 1929 to 1932, Paul Morris begin in 1933. So it appears he changed his name at that time.
Many of his tricks were published in several magazines including The Sphinx, The Phoenix, Genii, and Hugard's Magic Monthly. His Edge Grip coin sleight was published in Hugard's Magic Monthly, Vol. 2, No. 12, (May 1945) in his trick A Life Saver.
- ↑ By Thompson, Jr., J.G.. "My Best", 1945, p. 369
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 26, No. 10, December 1946, Hocus Pocus Parade, by New York Ring 26, Paul Morris, page 55
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 31, No. 2, April 1951, The New York Mid-Century Parade, by Eddie Clever, Paul Morris, page 71
- Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 46, No. 10, March 1957, PAUL MORRIS, magician-of-the-month, by Leslie P. Guest, page 454
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 43, No. 1, January 1963, Paul Morris, page 79
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 45, No. 5, May 1965, Final Curtain, Paul Morris, page 91
- The New Tops, Vol. 5, No. 5, May 1965, Final Curtain, Paul Morris, page 40
- The Society of American Magicians Official List of Assemblies and Members August, 1946 (Leslie P. Guest)